Monday, July 27, 2009

Tim's Special Lemon Pepper Cod with Garlic Fried Rice

By dinner time I was hungry and forgot to thaw the meat that I wanted to eat for tonight's dinner. After digging through the freezer, I found that I had a filet of white cod. Since I had left over white rice in the fridge, I wanted to have rice and cod for dinner. Since seafood defrosts 100x faster than beef, chicken or pork, I had my work cut out for me. Without planning too much or preparation, I knew I wanted to fry the cod and also the fry the rice. This was litterally a 10 minute recipe from start to finish.

I started out with white rice right out of the fridge, and then straight into the frying pan. I find it easier to fry rice when it is cold because it is easier to break up than when it is hot or warm. The white rice went in with chopped garlic cloves, salt, sugar, ground pepper, fish sauce, soy sauce, dried shrimp, dried fried onions and green onions for flavor and taste. I fried the rice until the the rice takes up the color from the soy sauce and add in the green onions last.

For the white cod, it was very simple, no special marinade was done. All I did was put a dash of garlic salt, ground pepper, sugar to cover both sides of the cod. It then went right into a hot frying pan with some veggie oil. Cooked each side for approx 5mins on med-hi heat until the top looks golden brown. To top off the cod, i used chopped green onions and dried fried onions with some sirachi red chilli sauce and garnished it with a couple of cilantro leaves and 2 pcs of lemon. This turned out quite good for a 10 minute recipe. I wasn't full but it was enough food to get me through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment