Friday, August 07, 2009

Rajun Cajun Rings with Shrimp & Crab Cake Burger



















My first time making onion rings and crab cakes. Was watching a show on the FoodNetwork one day and came accross a recipe that I thought was pretty easy to make. So I made a trip to the grocery stores and picked up all the ingredients and spices. Although spending nearly $40 just to make on meal is awfully expensive. I could just go to Red Robin and ordered me a plate of onion rings and a mouth watering buger for half the cost. Atleast that is what I thought until I realized that most of the money was spent on spices and that will last me for months. Any, I ran into some problems in the beginning but got worse in the middle. Apparently I did not pay attention or I wasn't watching when they added the egg to the crab cake batter to hold it together. So I was having a problem with the crab cake batter having a tight bond and it kept falling apart. On the other than, the onion rings were just a breeze and was very easy to make. When making the batter and flour, it got really messy. I wanted to give up but I had to follow through. In the end I was successful and it tasted great. Sitting down at my dinner table felt like I was at Red Robin having dinner. I made just enough crab cakes to have another burger for lunch the next day. I'm not a big fan of making American food because too many ingredients that I'm not used to working with and sometimes can get complicated. However, it's always nice to step away from my break and butter which are chinese and vietnamese food.

Crab Cake Ingredients - shrimp (my own addition), immitation crabs, paprika, chilli powder, worchester sauce, green onions (white part only), butter, EVOO, mayo, eggs, dry mustard powder, Panko bread crumbs, tabasco hot sauce, salt, sugar and pepper to taste.

Onion Rings Ingredients- red sweet onions, eggs, flour, Pank bread crumbs, dried chilli powder, milk, butter, garlic salt, paprika, Veggie oil for frying.

No comments:

Post a Comment