Tuesday, August 02, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge Day 26

Home sweet home!


It is good to be back in my hometown of Seattle, Wa. It was an unexpected trip for me to fly out on such short notice (I booked my flight 2 hrs before the departure time). I was speaking with a recruiter on the phone for a medical device sales position in Seattle and they are doing interviews this week. On my own dime, I decided to fly out to take this opportunity with a Fortune 500 company, thousands of people out there want to work for this company and would die to have the opportunity that was given to me. I took me about 5 minutes to pack my clothes for this one week trip. I literally just got done doing my laundry and took what was in the dryer and stuffed it in my duffel bag. Hopped on my iMac and booked my trip, crazy isn't it?


Once I landed and came home to my parents, they were surprised to see me because I did not tell them that I was flying up. When my mom asks me if I wanted to eat dinner, I said "I'm eating vegetarian food now". She laughed along with my dad (thanks for the support you two!). She showed me what she had in the refrigerator and I was happy that she had some tofu and this Thai vegetable salad. Like I usually do when eating tofu, I plated a small bowl with soy sauce, a squeeze of lime and some red chili paste. Threw in the tofu along with the Thai vegetable salad, next thing I know dinner is served with guess what? white rice! To wash it down, my mom had made fresh pennyworth. My absolute favorite grassy drink.

P.S - I got my brackets for my upper and lower molars this morning. It's really hard to chew anything.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment