Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge Day 41

Tofu is not good, it's REALLY good!


Anyhow, has it been 41 days already? It seems like yesterday was the first day of this challenge. Looking at how the days have gone by so fast, I think I should not have any difficulties finishing this challenge. I'm enjoying the food I'm eating for the most part. Tofu has become my best friend. So this morning I went out with my mom and two aunts to Pho Ha, a Vietnamese pho restaurant that my entire Pham family has been dining there for the last 20 years. People here know us including the owner. So every time when I come here with my relatives, we get acknowledged. It was fun that all of us were eating vegetarian food. I had the egg fried rice while my mom and aunts had tofu dishes. The best dish was the shaken tofu (replacement of shaken beef). The distinct taste was butter with a special sauce that they add which makes the tofu bursts with an aromatic flavor in your mouth. This place has the reputation and loyalty from its customers. For dinner, I came over to one of my aunt's house where my mom is staying at to eat. It was simple, fried tofu cubes with stir fry edamame with spicy soy sauce. Thanks to my mom for plating the edamame because I was having trouble trying to work it.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment