Thursday, August 11, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 35

Back in Southern California

Waking up at 5am in the morning to get ready to catch a flight at 7am is no fun. I did not catch sleep until 2am which left me 3 hours before the alarm goes off. Landed around 9:15am and by that time my stomach was growling for food. A complimentary cup of orange juice they gave me during the flight held me well during the duration of a 2 hour flight.. Once I got home I had some rice and seared tofu that my aunt had made earlier in the morning.


Later in the evening when there were guests over at the house, everyone ate up the feast my aunt made. One of my cousins brought out some gim (dried paper-like sheets of seaweed) to eat with his salmon sashimi that he made. So I figured I'll wrap them over white rice and drizzle a bit of soy sauce on it. By far it was the most addicting little snack I've had in awhile. This gave me another idea for my soon to be next recipe I will make to incorporate gim, rice and tofu to make a really good vegetarian concoction. Thanks to Suzy Chung where I found a great photo of this rice wrapped in gim.

No comments:

Post a Comment