Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge Day 34

Simply Thai


It's my last night here in Seattle before I get on a plane and fly back to Southern California early tomorrow morning. Rather than taking my family out to dinner, although I was planning to take them out to Wild Ginger, I felt it would just be wholesome if I brought food home. I drove to South Center to a Thai restaurant we're very familiar with, Simply Thai. When it opened up many years ago, this was the Thai restaurant to eat at in the surrounding areas. Food is fairly priced and the interior decor is very nice.


For the family I ordered a shrimp Phad Thai, chicken phad see ew, and shrimp tom yum soup. For myself I had to alter these meat dishes to make it a vegetarian plate. I asked the waiter for an order of tofu Phad Thai with eggs and tofu tom khah which is a soup much like tom yum but it has coconut milk. The phad see ew was very good simply made but I wish they would add a variety of vegetables rather than just broccoli. The tom kha however, was good I can taste the coconut but it wasn't bland. I had to add extra salt just to give it some taste. Not to say their tom kha is bad but I believed that the base of the broth was water rather than fish or chicken which to me makes sense why it tasted bland.

I'm still hanging in there on my 34th day of 90 days. I am starting to appreciate vegetarian food more now and have tried foods that I would've never thought about eating before because they don't have meat in them. As long as I can still taste the flavor of my food I would be satisfied even though meat is absent. As I'm progressing to day 90, I have become more attentive to what I eat.

-Timothy Pham

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up!

    And photos are getting better. These ones are quite good. Keep 'em simple with natural light and show the food as food.

    ReplyDelete