Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge Day 40

Almost half way



Woke up this morning early and went to a local public library here in Ontario, Ca to reserve a study room for my Gallup phone interview. I was able to squeeze in a couple of hours prior to go over my notes and my answers to about 30 suspected questions that I wrote down. The phone interview was about an hour long and I felt that I did ok, the interviewer backed that up as well. All I'm waiting for is the person from Gallup forward my results and assessment to the company that I'm interviewing for.

With lack of energy in my system, I got home to my mom and aunt making a vegetarian vermicelli dish which I had made a month ago. I think the key to make this dish taste good is the soy sauce. High quality soy sauce is preferable, I believed my aunt used the Kikkoman sashimi & sushi soy sauce with a squeeze of lime and some red chili paste. Maggi on the other hand is a really high quality soy sauce brand as well, speaking from the one that is directly from France that sells around $22 for 1 pint. If you're looking to have soy sauce in your vegetarian dish, make sure to read the label for the ingredients on the back. Some of them use beef bones in powder form to make the sauce. In my case I have checked all of them and they seem to be free of animal product.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment