Monday, August 01, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 25

Today was a good day



My cousin came and visit with her family at her mom's house and cooked up a feast of bun bo Hue. A Vietnamese traditional beef noodle soup from central Vietnam. Everyone was eating this awesome dish my cousin makes from time to time. It is my favorite dish from her, I used to eat at least two bowls because it's so good. This time I have to pass up on it and aside from what everybody was eating, I went to 99 Ranch Market and bought stir fry baby bok choy along with stir fry tofu with vegetables. Having to answer many of repetitive questions people were asking me why I am eating that and not bun bo Hue. Of course I told them why and continue to enjoy my dinner as people were enjoying theirs. It was funny earlier in the day as my cousin didn't believe me that I was going to pass up on her dish thinking that I would give in as soon as it is ready. At the end of the night, all she could do was looked at me and smile with that "I can't believe you look".

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment