Saturday, August 06, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge Day 30

The last day of a pescetarian diet

I met up with a friend back from high school and we both went down to Seattle's Pike Place Market to linger around. Her and I we strolled through a packed house of locals and tourists who come to this market to check out what it has to offer. It has been awhile ( about 15 years) since I have been to this market during business hours. It was nice to see all the different shops and people packed this market. I did stopped by one of the vendors who were selling pastas and this type looked so interesting that I had to buy 0.5 lb of it for $5.00 to try it out. The company Pappardelle's Pasta makes a variety of different pastas in many flavors and the one that stood out is this lemon basil pasta. I will try to figure out my own recipe with this for tomorrow's dinner.


We also visited a unique landmark there which is called the Gum Wall. This is the nastiest site I have ever seen but it's pretty cool once you get over it. The wall is plastered with gum from people all over the world and locals who have come here to make their mark. If you wiki Gum Wall you will find out that this is ranked in the top 5 (ranked #2) germiest tourist attraction in the world in 2009. One cool factor is that Jennifer Aniston shot a scene here at the Gum Wall in her movie Love Happens in 2009.


When it came to lunch she had made reservation at Cutter's Bayhouse there on Pike Place Market. According to her, they have really good seafood and that she wanted to take me out to have awesome seafood since it is my last day of phase 1 of my pescetarian diet before moving into an ovo-lacto vegetarian diet on Sunday. We started out with a artichoke and dungeness crab dip for an appetizer that came with some really good bread with perfect consistency. I then ordered the seafood fettuccine as my entree and I fell in love with it from the first bite. As I was eating it, I felt my life for the next 60 days would suck so bad because I won't be able to consume any fish or seafood. The jumbo prawns were crunch and not chalky like most seafood places and the tenderness of the scallops were off the hook. I liked the place as it comes with an awesome view of the Seattle Via-Duct overlooking Puget Sound and pretty classy. Although I did not take any photos of my entree, I did take my leftovers to go because my appetite has decreased. Later for dinner, I reinvented what it looked like at the restaurant and post up this awesome dish for your viewing pleasure.

P.S. - Now that phase 1 is over, I'm looking forward to starting phase 2 tomorrow and hopefully for the next 60 days I can hang in there as an ovo-lacto vegetarian.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment