Thursday, August 04, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge Day 28

Top Pot Doughnuts!



This place is just amazing! My morning started really really early, 4:30am to be specific. I had an interview at 7am at the Marriot on Lake Union for a position with a Fortune 500 company, very prestigious in its playing field. After my interview, I had to head over to Top Pot and celebrate myself to a coffee and a donut because the stress over this interview was done and gone. It was really busy matter of fact, much busier than yesterday when I was there. The difference could've been 8:15am rather than 12 noon the day before. I believed this unique donut shop has created a huge fan base. Although I ate a little rice with some of the leftover seaweed bean curds from last night, I was eager to have a Police officer style of a breakfast, donuts and coffee. This time I ordered the glazed donut with a mocha. Price is very reasonable and the donut came big, they all come like that here at Top Pot.


For lunch, my long time childhood friend Kevin called me because I was still in the downtown area and asked me to go have dim sum at House of Hongs. This Chinese restaurant has been a staple for us from back in the day for dim sum. I devoured a lot of these shrimp hakaos and Chinese broccoli. Dinner after my work out was just something simple as walking over to the mall and grabbed a teriyaki salmon with mixed veggies and rice.

Just two more days and I'll be 1/3 done with this challenge. It also means that I'll move from a pescetarian diet into an ovo-lacto vegetarian diet. I'm looking forward to day 30 as I'll be having lunch with a friend of mine Kimiko in downtown and it would be fish I'll be eating for my last lunch that will include fish before changing my diet the very next day.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment