Friday, August 05, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge Day 29

My love for cooking

Woke up this morning and saw that my mom had braised some fish for me. I decided that I would eat my cereals first before anything. My choice of cereals is always Multi-Grain Cheerios because it offers a lot of vitamins and other important fibers your body needs. For me it was iron which one serving offers 100% of iron, if you're curious just take a look on the side of the box the next time you find yourself grocery shopping. After I had about 2 servings with Silk coconut milk, I was craving for some of the fish my mom made. About 45 minutes later I had to get it in and by that time my hunger was satisfied.


After walking my dog Charlie- Brown at Alki beach, I stopped by Spuds Fish and Chips. This place is good, rather small dining area inside but the fish, fries and tartar sauce are to die for. I bought the 2 piece fish with chips meal and then a clam chowder. As soon as I ordered my food, I realized that the clam chowder may have bacon in it. I was hesitant to cancel the chowder but felt that it was too late so I didn't bother. When I received my food I opened up the chowder and hunt for pieces of bacon, which I happen to find and without any further hesitation or giving it a little taste just to see that I'm not mistaken it for pieces of clams. I decided to close it up and bring it home for my sister.


Around 12 am I decided to cook some tofu because I felt hungry and wanted to have a small snack. This is a totally certified vegan dish. Ingredients used were water, tomatoes, tofu, salt, pepper, sugar, chopped garlic, fried onions, light soy sauce and mushroom powder. Rather frying the tofu before braising with the tomatoes which I usually would do when come to making this dish. I felt it was a little unhealthy to fry my tofu, save the calories for a later day. So tomorrow is my last day of my pescetarian diet and I'm going to enjoy as much fish and seafood as possible. Sunday is the real challenge when I will be on the ovo-lacto vegetarian diet.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment