Wednesday, August 03, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge Day 27


Nothing but a V "thang"



Waking up in the morning earlier than expected. came down stairs and looked in the fridge for some breakfast. Saw that my mom had made banana strawberry smoothie, one of my favorites. Anything that has bananas and strawberries together is good. I chucked the entire glass and felt refreshed and get my morning ready to head down to Downtown Seattle. Although before I left I ate a small portion of my mom's stir fry rice noodle with cabbage and tofu. Just incase I get stuck in traffic or lost in downtown going to the place I wanted to go.


Even with my iPhone in hand with navigation on because my mom's Mercedes doesn't have one, I found myself driving in circles trying to locate this unique donut shop. I tell you persistent never fails because I had to visit this place. The place has a unique story behind it and it receives top notch press. Also, how do you top the fact that President Obama had visit this donut shop several months ago. If you haven't heard or try this place out, it is called Top Pot Doughnuts and all their donuts are hand-forged rather than mass produced by a robot. Google it and read the story behind it, I did and it made me appreciate the place even more and attracts my business more than the big conglomorate Krispy Kreme. Here I ordered a traditional maple bar and Little Moo to wash down all the carbs and sweetness. The place and food is a definite winner! Apologize for the bad quality of the photo, it was taken with my iPhone 4.


When I got home later in the day and time to have my dinner. My mom made some braised soy bean curds wrapped around with seaweed so it tastes like fish and it sure did. I couldn't believe it that the texture and the smell of these seaweed wrapped bean curbs were like fish. I love my mom for understanding my vegetarian challenge diet and she's hooking me up while I'm visiting. Oh yeah, and the pennyworth drink!

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment