Sunday, August 14, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge Day 38

Today is my lucky day!



After hours of spending at Starbucks sipping on my usual grande ice caramel macchiato studying for my Gallup interview. I decided to head over to Lee's Sandwiches in Chino, Ca to grab a vegetarian baguette for dinner. I took my place in line, ordered my baguette along with a side of flan. As soon I paid the cashier I heard this loud chime from the register. Looked confused, the cashier said "ooh look you're a winner!" You must be joking me right? I have never won anything by luck or chance. I looked at the customer right behind me and apologized to her for taking her place in line. I got my $5.29 back and on my receipt I kid you not, it says "winner ticket". I guess after all these months of visiting this Lee's Sandwiches in Chino, Ca and spent quite a few bucks on snacks. It's only fair that I became a winner and get appreciated. Imagine if I were to buy $30-40 worth of snacks here tonight. Would the cash register still pick me as a winner?

Their vegetarian baguette is really good. It is hard for me to describe what they put in there besides the usual vegetables fixing (cilantro, jalapeƱos, carrots, daikons, cucumbers). What seems to be an imitation of shredded pork had me give two thumbs up.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment