Sunday, July 31, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 24

Oyster shooters


What a night of partying with my relatives. It is very common to find my relatives having parties almost every weekend. We love food and quality time together to its full capacity. My cousin Linh was making seafood hot pot which was very appealing to me but soon to find out she used pork bones in her soup base (smh). However, there were plenty of oysters to go around so I decided to load up on them until I have had enough, it took about 10 oysters to to get there. These were cooked oyster shooters rather then raw because these gigantic oysters are not safe to eat raw. The ones you could eat raw are the smaller more rounded oysters found at seafood restaurants. These are simple to make, just add some lime juice with ground black pepper, sriracha sauce, and sautéed green onions with oil. They come together pretty nicely especially with a little sprinkle of chopped peanuts.


I then dove right into the main course. I utilized the squid, fish filets, tofu, mushrooms, shrimp along with a variety of vegetables to have it go with the vermicelli noodle. Separate from the seafood I boiled the vegetables in water with a teaspoon of vegetarian broth seasoning. In an aluminum pan I added all the seafood with the tofu and set it on the charcoal grill for about 10 minutes. Served it with soy sauce and lime juice, man talking about a great alternative to seafood hotpot. Wish my cousin had made the broth with fish rather than pork bones.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment