Thursday, July 21, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 15

Day by day

Not thinking too much on how I will get to day 90 because that is too far out and trying to figure out how I am going to get there would just discourage me more. It has become easier for me now than it was from day 1, although I'm mostly encouraged to have the same type of food repeatedly day after day. That would be too easy for me and I'm not looking for an easy way out. Have you ever done something but did not want to take the easy way out, instead it's more glorious doing it the difficult way?


Got a call from one of my sales reps asking me to go to lunch with him. He decided to head over to California Noodle & Grill down the block from our office. I asked the waiter what he recommends for a vegetarian rice plate and seafood would be ok. He pointed out the shrimp curds rice plate so I went with that and added in an egg done over and easy. I enjoyed it as much as my sales rep enjoyed his rice plate with BBQ pork chops which by the way I was not envious at all. As one meal goes down it was then to the next meal which was dinner which I had white rice with pieces of fish cakes several hours later. It is much easier to just take one meal at a time and then plan on what I want to eat for the next. Without paying attention to how many more days I have to put myself through this because it is somewhat depressing to think of it that way. Instead I am taking it day by day, soon enough I will realize that it is day 90.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment