Friday, July 29, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 22

Pineapple braised fish with kimchi and rice



Life is really about enjoying what you eat whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian or vegan. Technically speaking for people who love and appreciate the art of food. I'm blessed to be around people who are really good cooks (mom, cousins and aunties). I myself is getting there... one day I suppose. For now it's just observe, eat and learn.

The pineapple braised fish I had tonight was satisfying and went well with a side of kimchi. Pineapple makes almost everything thing taste so good. It adds a little kick of sweetness to the sauce and gives off that nice pineapple flavor. I usually braise catfish than any other fish because it is my favorite to eat in an Asian dish due to the fatty skin on them. At this point I'm pretty tired of fish, forgot about meat and craving tofu so bad. One of the reasons why I haven't been eating as much of tofu lately is because I don't want to play it out. It is going to be a big part of phase 2 as I'm 8 days away from.

-Timothy Pham

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. Food is always an experience. It is like driving. The journey is as important as the destination.

    Food presentation

    ReplyDelete