Monday, July 25, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 18

What's up dog?

Yesterday at the grocery store I bought a pack of veggie hot dogs, as you can see from the post below. The brand is Lightlife and it is called Smart Dogs, a veggie protein link that offers 15g of proteins mostly from soy. Standing in the produce section in front of an assortment of vegetarian food products, I couldn't make up my mind on whether I should get the tofu dogs or these. Not so keen on how they differ on taste from each other because honestly I've never had a veggie hot dog ever! Rather I'd prefer a hearty polish sausage or a German brat, now that's a real dog. So the tofu dogs are going to have to wait until I deplete these which should take me about a week or so.


Compared to it's counterpart these veggie links smell funny (not a big fan) and taste a little funky to me. If only I went with those tofu links then maybe my perception of a vegetarian hot dog isn't so bad after all. With my wild imagination for lunch today, I wanted to explore outside the box for a meal. A hot dog, a bun and some ketchup would be too boring and bland. So I spruced it up by adding some mozzarella cheese and used some of the Hunt's vegetables pasta sauce to create something with enough oomph in taste. My bun of choice was the 100% whole wheat allowing 22g of whole grain per serving. Now that's some energy to get excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment