Saturday, July 09, 2011

My 90-day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 5

So far so good. Well I hope so as I progress into this challenge. I must say that I've been giving up a lot of great eats since. Whether I'm at home, out to dinner with friends, it seems like I'm envying what people around me are eating. My relatives still think that I'm going crazy and out of my mind continuing to eat vegetarian food. Most of the time they would say things to discourage me and it really bugs me when I'm getting that type of vibe from my own. Should your family encourage you when you're putting yourself to a challenge? Think back when you were going to school to be somebody, they always encourage you to do well and hope that once you finish school you'll become somebody great, am I right? Well that's not the type of encouragement I am getting but like I said from the beginning, I could care less because I'm doing it for myself not for anyone.



To help me through this process I have decided to do something that would do just that. Found myself inside Barnes & Nobel for about an hour because I never knew they had such a collection of books lol. I picked up two vegetarian cook books under the sale section (thumbs up!) and briefly looked through them and thought to myself that these were the books I'm going to take home with me. Not a bad choice, for a merely $20 I was well on my way to explore the world of vegetarian cooking.



Woke up today and had white rice with Vietnamese sour fish soup my cousin had bought from the night before. The only meat in the soup was of course the catfish however it did include a plethora of different vegetables. tomatoes, pineapple chunks, bean sprouts, so okra pods, Vietnamese rice paddy herbs, Vietnamese coriander, and taro stem were the mix. For lunch I went to a neighboring Vietnamese restaurant and ordered a plate of fried egg noodles vegetarian style with tofu being the main source of my protein. It was very good and satisfying. For dinner I had rice with spicy bean curds chili and mango shrimp salad leftovers. Sigh! another day down and I'm excited about the next day to see what I would be eating then. Everyday is a surprise because I don't know what I'll be eating.


-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment