Monday, July 18, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian challenge DAY 12

A friend of mine texted me early in the day on going to the Orange County Fair along with other friends of ours. It was a Sunday so I thought what's there better to do than going to a fair? Before heading out, I went to get some late lunch and had a small cup of brocolli cheese soup. A few hours later there I was at the fair. The first fair I went to this year and the first ever Orange County Fair in Costa Mesa. The first thing I noticed by my sense of smell was the enormous amount of food vendors serving up some over-the-top food such as beef kabobs, 1/4lb 12" jumbo hot dogs, humongous cheese burgers and a plethora of junk food goodies.



Of course I had to stick to my 90-day challenge so I was only limited to a cheese pizza and Australian Battered potatoes lol! Let me tell you, these battered potatoes were over the top and boy did I get plenty of them (for the friends and I of course). Not fun when you're on a pescatarian diet working your way into a vegetarian diet and you're at a fair! To add insult to injury, I was envious when my friends teased me with their turkey legs, jumbo hot dogs, and beef kabobs. Not for one second that I was thinking on throwing in the towel and say "the heck with this challenge". Besides the food vendors, I enjoyed a wonderful staged show by the Peking Acrobats, and a comedian hypnotist Mark Yuzuik. Fair runs from July 15th- August 14.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment