Friday, July 15, 2011

My 90-day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 9


How can I go 9 days without having any kind of red meat and not miss it? Truth is I do crave it and I have been tempted from looking at them as they're sitting in the fridge or on the counter. My aunt loves to tease me but I am strong and I can hold off on it. Skipped breakfast and went right to lunch. As I was driving home from the office I craved for some Phad Thai with only tofu, turned my car around and went to California Thai Kitchen here in Chino, Ca. A great small charming restaurant which I have dined in a couple of times. I got the lunch portion rather than the dinner portion because I knew I couldn't eat that much. My appetite has gotten cut down due to the fact that I have been able to control my eating habit. It came with a small bowl of soup, the waiter told me that the soup did not have any meat in it but I never asked if the broth was made from a meat stock such as beef or chicken. I took a chance and from my taste buds I felt that it was innocent. The soup had mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and had that sweet and sour taste to it FTW! The Phad Thai was really good, I asked for a lot of tofu and it was granted. For dinner I stopped by Costco to grab a slice of cheese pizza, sprinkled some onions on it with a swirl non-fat yogurt. Enough to get me full for several hours until I just had a small bowl of rice with some sardines and chili bean curd sauce.

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment