Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 14

Eager for Vegan!



I swung for the fence today for dinner. Saw my aunt roasting up some eggplants again and I had to stand there to watch her do it so I could learn a thing or two. Simple as it seams but most of the work came when she had to peel off the outer skin of the eggplants which seems to me takes some patience. After seeing her put together this dish I wanted to share with everyone how delicious it looks.


The focus of my dinner was not on these roasted eggplants but what I was going to make for myself since I haven't made any recipes a little more than a week. I wanted to go all vegan for dinner and not have anything in my food containing any animal product. There were some left over Vietnamese wet cakes so I used what was left then added in pieces of cucumbers, bean sprouts, basils and right to the microwave for 1 minute. For my proteins, I cut up a block of firm tofu into rectangular blocks to deep fry them for about 5 minutes or so for the tofu to have a semi-firmness on the outside but soft inside. For my dipping sauce I used a simple soy sauce with a fresh red chili. I couldn't believe myself how easy, quick and delicious it was to make this.


BTW- I went and got myself an iPad 2 finally today! Now I can blog whenever I go out of town or on vacation. This blog looks pretty sweet on the iPad2! =)


-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment