Saturday, July 16, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 10

Delicious! Did not have my first meal until 2pm. Went to Starbucks and purchased a packed lunch-ables style Asian noodles with tofu. I had my choice of either an egg salad sandwich or a bell pepper with mozzarella cheese panini but instead I went with my Asian instinct. It was nicely packed with with the tofu cubes and cucumbers in their own little container with the noodles tossed in a mix of spices and vegetables.



When it came to dinner time I went over to one of my cousin's house because she was making dinner. I was amazed what she had made, we're talking about duck porridge, Vietnamese salad with duck meat, shredded cabbages, Thai basil, mint, onions all tossed with some lime juice and fish sauce. She also was baking fish in the oven for the spring rolls. Although I was tempted at the duck meat I tried really hard not to break my challenge, I prevailed!



What I had was an amazing dinner that consisted my own vegetarian version of the Vietnamese salad where I substituted the duck meat with some tofu. Don't freak out now because I made my own batch so it wasn't like I picked out pieces of the duck meat then put the tofu in. After the salad I dove right into the baked fish and rolled it up with rice paper, cucumbers, vermicelli, lettuce with steamed carrots and daikons.



-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment