Thursday, July 28, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 21

Banh tet (Vietnamese rice cake)

It is only fair to let everyone know what I had for lunch and show you what banh tet looks like from the inside. For lunch I had my aunt's banh tet that she gave me as mentioned from my previous post. It was a little strange to have these for lunch because it tasted more like a dessert because of the banana filling which makes it very sweet. I savored every bite of it and I'm only down to half a roll left and I am not in any hurry to devour the rest of it any time soon. I've had banh tet in a variety of different fillings before, mung beans with pork, mung beans by itself and these with bananas. I really don't like the one that just has only mung beans because it tastes dry but I love these with bananas as they are very tender in the center. Go out and get yourself one during Lunar New Year which is somewhere at the end of January because only during this time it is when banh tet is consumed the most.



-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment