Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 13

In recent days I've been commuting to and from La Jolla, Ca a lot to see my clients. which means I have been eating out on the road a lot. After about 2pm I was sitting out front in front of my favorite Starbucks location in La Jolla and enjoying a roasted vegetable panini. I never had it before and the last time I was there as in my previous post I had the Sesame Noodles. I figured why not give it a try. Am I missing something here? Why is it that the deeper I explore into vegetarianism, I'm amazed as to how delicious some of these vegetarian choices are that I would never pay attention to. My roasted vegetable panini included red peppers, zucchini, eggplant, onions, and provolone cheese on focaccia bread, absolutely yummy! A 350 calorie panini that includes 13g of protein without any meat or tofu? call it a complete meal! =).



Decided to stay in La Jolla to have dinner at my favorite sushi place in UTC instead of fighting the 5pm traffic jam driving 2hrs back to Chino. The place is called Ki Sushi and Sake Bar located on 8650 Genesee Ave. #105 in the Costa Verde Shopping Center. I used to live about 2 minutes away from here and it is my to-go-to sushi restaurant. Hungry and have a long drive home ahead of me I decided to load up on some sushi (not a good idea). I started out with the spicy crunchy tuna roll. It was actually a lot bigger than I assumed from the picture in the menu. It was the best crunchy tuna roll I've ever had. Then came my entree the Fish Katsu entree. The area around the bar where I was sitting looked like I was eating dinner for a family of four. My fish katsu was served with white rice,miso soup, salad and three sides (vegetable eggroll, sauteed garlic vegetables and edamame). The fish katsu was crunchy, and their version of a white honey mustard dipping sauce made the experience amazing. I love everything that came with it even the salad! Stuffed and the entire drive home even now at 12:24am Im still stuffed while my stomach is feeling a little bit of a pain. It was worth it!



-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment