Sunday, July 17, 2011

My 90-Day Vegetarian Challenge DAY 11

It's day 11 now and it seems like I've been eating out more than putting those two vegetarian cook books I bought to some use. Not sure if I'm confident enough to whip some recipes up in the kitchen or it's because I'm just too lazy and find it much easier to eat out. My meal started with a 2 items entree at a local Chinese food to go. For my carbohydrates I went half and half with fried rice and chow mien noodles. For sides I went with stir fry vegetables that include mushrooms, Chinese cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, zucchinis, and mushrooms and 4 cream cheese won-tons. It delicious but I could only eat several spoons full because of my limited appetite.



For dinner I had white rice, sauteed fish with tomato sauce and roasted eggplants which were awesome. My aunt makes it all the time and it's because of that I have acquired a taste for eggplants. She puts the eggplants on top of the gas stove to roast them then cut them into small pieces where they will be lightly seared in a sauce pan. She then topped them off with some chopped green onions. Just perfect taste and texture. Oh how I love being a a vegetarian. Just 19 more days where I will switch to an ovo-lacto vegetarian diet. Can't wait!

-Timothy Pham

No comments:

Post a Comment